About our District
Orting School District (OSD) is located 41 miles south of Seattle, 20 miles southeast of Tacoma, and 30 miles northwest of Mount Rainier.
OSD has two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school, serving around 2,600 students. The district employs over 150 teachers, and encompasses over 45 square miles of Orting and areas of Graham, South Prairie and Sumner.
In strong partnership with our families and community members, Orting School District will engage and develop the unique interests and talents of every learner as they apply their education in creative and inventive ways. Through high expectations and relevant opportunities to learn and grow in a caring, supportive environment, we will ensure each of our children feels connected, inspired, and empowered to create a better present and future!
In an environment of high expectations with high levels of support, we desire to have each student:
- Make personal meaning through creation, exploration and invention.
- Engage in meaningful, relevant learning, leading to deeper understanding.
- Believe their success makes a difference and their goals matter.
- Connect through meaningful relationships where they are heard, seen and loved by others.
- We foster high expectations, continuous growth and high achievement. We understand and cultivate the unique needs and interests of learners through relationships and personalization.
- We embrace a culture of creativity, exploration and innovation to sustain our growth and improvement.
- We commit to removing barriers to learning to ensure our schools are inclusive and equitable.
- We believe ongoing communication, collaboration and community engagement are essential.